Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tohatsu outboards??

I have had a 40Hp since 2003 and have never had a problem with it. Allways starts 1st pull.

I had a 90hp toey and not that impressed. Noisy and rattly in my view. Yammies are smoother and more go. Just have a look at any outboard test reviews will show the same. Resale value on the Toey will also be lower than the mainstream outboards.

3. Default

Hey mate,
    My old man has had a 30 hp since i was born 21 yrs old. He has the the jet changed in it once and a spark plug thats all in 21yrs. We have a new boat now so it only get a run once ever ycouple months but when we go to start it 2nd pull most times. I think highly of the motors

yeah my dad had a johnson seahorse for 20 years that didn't miss abeat either. Tohatsu are bottom shelf

Had a 30 Tojo for 5 years, never misses a beat.
    Cheap to own, run and service.
    Would not hesitate for a second to buy another, and the 50's aren't loved by the Thundercat set for nothing!
    Cheers.

I have had a tohatsu 90 two stroke approx 6 months. Prior to this I had an 80 Yamaha two stroke. No complaints here, goes well but the main thing was hunts marine wanted 11 grand for their straight two stroke Yamaha not fitted. I paid 8500 for the tohatsu fitted . I love yamahas but when you are talking just straight Two strokes why wouldn't you go Tohatsu. Fuel economy is unbelievable